Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So, I Feel Stupid...

...as I mentioned the other day, I got the magnets in the mail that I was waiting for to make all the weapon arms for my Warjacks in Grind interchangeable. I gathered all my tools and sat down to get started. There's only one problem: they're already interchangeable. They use a fairly clever pressure-fit collar so you can pop the arms on and off. It even says on the product page for Grind on the Privateer Press web site (which I looked at several times) that they're interchangeable.

Duh.

Oh well. I thought about going ahead and magnetizing them anyway, since they require a fair amount of pressure to pop on and off, and it probably won't be real conducive to keeping the paint job in good shape, but I decided against it. Rather, i think I'll use it as an opportunity to test a sealing method I recently heard about - using a high-gloss sealer first for durability, then using a matte sealer to knock down the shine. Many people who paint models that are going to get handled a lot swear by this, and since it's a board game, it's definitely going to get handled more often than pieces I paint for show...

1 comment:

  1. كشف تسربات المياة ببريدة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات ببريدة
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض ببريدة
    شركة رش مبيدات حشرية ببريدة
    شركة تنظيف منازل ببريدة
    شركة تنظيف مجالس ببريدة
    شركة تنظيف كنب ببريدة
    شركة تنظيف فلل ببريدة
    شركة تنظيف شقق ببريدة
    شركة تنظيف ببريدة
    Use modern techniques to perform unbreakable processing
    • To locate the leaks accurately by closing the main valves and pumping nitrogen gas inside the pipelines and in the case of any break or a small hole in the lines, the gas produces a sound that the particles capture and accurately record it
    Signs of the presence of water leaks in the homes and the presence of a white layer on the place of water leaks and the presence of areas of the roofs and walls are wet in the house indicate the leaks of water may be noted the owner of the house there is a sound of water or may hear the sound of vibrations continuously in water pipes and may notice the existence of water In the floors of the house continuously and you may notice a rise in water bill in an abnormal way if you compare the use of the house water and water bill and this is one of the most prominent signs that indicate the presence of water leaks

    ReplyDelete