Friday, September 17, 2010

Brief Updates

Work on Space Hulk continues:


...the Tyranids just need some small details & highlighting done, and then they'll be ready for clearcoat. I don't know why, but I didn't take hardly any work-in-progress pics of them - it didn't even occur to me, for some reason. Originally I had wanted to try a different paint scheme for these, but I'm pretty much following the GW Stage-by-Stage Painting Guide for Space Hulk on their website to the letter, except for some other manufacturer's equivalent colors & a homemade wash - I'll post a paint list when I'm done.

In other news, my new brushes arrived:


I missed the brush sale at Art Supply Warehouse, so I decided to try the Dick Blick studio brushes - Les Bursley seems to like them, so they're probably good enough for me.  I report back when  iget a chance to try them out.

I've got a few tutorials 90% written up, but I've been waiting on one order from Europe to arrive to finish - i suspect nefarious activity at my local post office (it's a looong story).  I'm gonna go hassle them about it tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment