Thursday, June 25, 2015

Origins Game Fair, Part II

The next morning, we made our way to the board room and started with an old favorite, Dominion:


It had been a while since I'd played, but it didn't take long to get back into the swing of things.  I'd forgotten how groundbreaking Dominion was when it came out, and how many games have copied it's mechanics since then.

After that, we went back to one of favorites from previous years, Wasabi!:


my only complaint about this game is that's it's been out of print for a while - I want a copy for my library!

Enough already:  Shopping time!


I picked up Risk: Godstorm because it's been on my shopping list forever, and I still loves me some Risk.  Plus lots of miniatures!


I also picked up Patchwork from the Mayfair Games booth - it was recommended to me by the guys at my FLGS, but they didn't have any in stock at the time.  It's two players (great for the wife & I) and I'm betting she'll like the theme. 



I neglected to take a picture, but I also picked up Qwirkle - another recommendation from the guys at the FLGS.


I also grabbed the most recent Pandemic expansion, The Cure.  Granted, I haven't played the last two Pandemic expansions I bought, but... hey, who asked you, anyway?

...and no convention shopping trip would be complete without buying some fresh dice - both for me:


...and for the boy:


He already rolls better than his old man:


No comments:

Post a Comment