Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Incoming: Tomb Kings

I have to say I'm intrigued by GW's Tomb Kings teaser.  When I first looked at Fantasy, the Tomb Kings were the army I found most intriguing, precisely because it's pretty unique - most of the 40K & Fantasy armies use tropes that are pretty common across any sci-fi or fantasy universe, but the Tomb Kings are kind of a neat fantasy/historical hybrid, in my mind.  (Okay, "historical" is probably pushing it, but you know what I mean - much of the army's aesthetics are at least loosely based on Egyptian mythology).   If I hadn't gotten a fantastic deal that has already determined my first squarebase army, this would be the one I'd go with... unfortunately, I'm trying to finish painting two in-progess 40K armies, am still buying Orcs for my Fantasy army, and have plans to buy a Grey Knights force when they come out, so Tomb Kings are not in the cards anytime soon - still, I'll keep a close eye on the new releases...

No comments:

Post a Comment