Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mazes & Minotaurs

My gaming group recently got together after a too-long hiatus to play a game of Mazes & Minotaurs:


...as our GM explained it to me, Mazes & Minotaurs grew out of a discussion on an RPG forum that asked the question, "What if Gary Gygax & Dave Arneson had been inspired by Greek mythology instead of fantasy literature?"  Someone took the idea and ran with it, and published a role-playing game, complete with an imaginary publishing history & backstory.  The best part is that you can download it it for free here.  Overall it was a fun game for a quick one-shot, and I had a great time!

2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting. At first I thought it was another D&D clone like all the other 'something & something else' games out there. I remember playing Tunnels & Trolls when I was in my early teens and it was a lot like D&D but with different rules and lore.

    M&M looks like it would be a refreshing change of pace from generic fantasy D&D ripoff #5209. Great, now I want some M&Ms... I've been wanting to try the pretzel ones for a while.

    ReplyDelete