Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Khador War Dog

I picked up a Khador War Dog to use with The Butcher:






This a cool attachment for a 'caster that pretty much lets him go wherever he wants, without having to worry about free strikes.  It's a pretty simple model - it only consists of three pieces:


...but since the middle is essentially hollow, I had to put a pretty healthy pin in it before I felt it was secure:


He also got a pin in his foot to secure him to the base:



I actually had to do a bit of greenstuffing on this model, a rarity for me so far with Privateer Press models - but, this very well could have been to my assembly...


Ready for primer!

4 comments:

  1. Do you think it would be possible to model this mini on it's back feet to make it look lik it is starting to leap I'm stead of landing? I want mine to look different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I painted that model for a customer last year. I fell in love with it. It's so bloody cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Student teacher nailed it. How hard would this model be to convert to a stand or starting to jump?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one I could find that was re-posed was on this page:

    http://www.minidragon.net/Warmachine%20Gallery.htm

    I think it would involve a significant amount of re-sculpting - the angle of the back legs is just too severe. I'm planning on adding some material to the back half of the base on mine, so it looks like the dog is jumping down from a ledge...

    ReplyDelete