Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Board Games: Castle Ravenloft & Seafarers of Catan

...as I mentioned in my post about Origins 2011, I was fortunate enough to win a promo pass for GenCon this year.  Unfortunately, the wife & I had already bought our badges, and getting one refunded & re-buying a badge with the promo pass looked like it was going to be an exercise in frustration, so I floated the idea of a mutually advantageous trade out there to some friends - one of them was thinking of going to GenCon anyway, and had a few board games on my wish list:






I've heard nothing but good things about Castle Ravenloft and have been thinking of picking it up for a while.  Sefarers of Catan has actually been on my convention shopping list for a few years now, but the wife & I kind of hit the point of burnout with the Catan games last year, so I haven't been in any rush - this copy is still in the shrinkwrap, and now I have all the expansions to the base game.

1 comment:

  1. A couple of summers ago I had the extreme pleasure of playing in an epic 6-player game of Seafarers combined with Cities and Knights. Sure it lasted seven hours, but it was fun nonetheless. I don't know anything about Ravenloft firsthand, but like you I've heard nothing but good things about it.

    ReplyDelete