Monday, August 15, 2011

New Airbrush Compressor

I was browsing Craigslist the other day and came across an ad for some airbrush stuff - I went and checked it out and wound up getting this compressor for a song:






It's a Testor's compressor that has a much stronger motor than the Harbor Freight compressor I've been using - it's also got a built-in cooling fan & runs a bit quieter than my current one, which is nice.  Sitting behind it in the pic is a Paasche single-action airbrush that the guy threw in - this will be handy when I want to spray varnish or Future acrylic wax, but don't want to risk gumming up one of my good airbrushes...

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice find! I started out with a pretty cheap airbrush and I think that was a very good decision. It's got all the features I need (dual action, different needle sizes, etc) but it's not like I dropped $200 on a really expensive airbrush to tear apart while I'm learning how to use it. I'm very hesitant to run future through it while it's my only one but one day I'd like to get a better airbrush and keep this one for grunt work.

    ReplyDelete