Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Painboy & Grot Orderly

Finished building an Ork Painboy & Grot orderly the other day:


It was kind of neat to build a metal model again, it's been quite a while since I've done that.  Of course, that fades by the time I'm finished - what the heck does GW use on these things as mold release?!?  I've built metal models from Reaper and other companies before and forgot / been too lazy to scrub them down beforehand - there is no chance of that ever working on a GW model.  I soak them, scrub them, and sand down the contact points, and it is still a fight to get the glue to bond.

Anyways, probably not much happening in the way of conversion with this particular model - he already has a peg leg, so it'll fit into the "Freeboota" theme, and the sculpt has such a great theme, I'd hate to ruin it.  I'm considering using some Green Stuff to give him an eyepatch, but I don't know if I'm up to that yet.

He was actually pretty uneventful to build - just the shoulder joint required a bit of gap filling:


And I decided to pin him on his base, since the combination of the peg leg & the position of his other foot doesn't offer much in the way of stability:



No comments:

Post a Comment