Saturday, November 13, 2010

R.I.P. Heroscape

I got an email from a friend today pointing out that Wizards of the Coast has decided to cancel the Heroscape line.  This is a bummer - I really enjoyed Heroscape, even though I didn't get to play it that often.  Heroscape had great-looking pre-painted miniatures with fun themes, an ingenious configurable terrain system, and easily accessible rules - in short, it was a miniature wargaming system that eliminated all of the intimidating things that turned off casual boardgamers / RPG'ers / CCG players / & skirmish gamers from larger-scale miniature gaming in the first place.  The good news is that I still have several NIB master sets that I bought from someone in my gaming group, and maybe we'll see a slight influx of players looking into other miniature games...

No comments:

Post a Comment