Monday, November 29, 2010

New Tools

...so I had a little extra money a few weeks ago, and decided to treat myself:



I have two hobby knives I've been using: a plastic-handled one that I've owned for, oh, twenty-one years or so, and a heavy-duty aluminum-handled that's more or less worthless - it takes the blades with the wider shank, which are almost impossible to find around here.  I've wanted one of these nice sets for a long time and had a "40% off" coupon, so I decided to bite the bullet and pick one up.

I also got some plastic cases:


...these are actually exact matches for a few cases that I've had for years, but I haven't been able to find any more until now.  I wanted some because my tool kit (which I'm going to document in a future post) is a complete mess - I'm going to organize all my tools by type in these cases, which fit into a carrying case...

3 comments:

  1. Funny how we can get attached to tools. Maybe it's how they seem to be extensions of us. We can definitely go through good times and bad together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your blog. A LOT. I really enjoy the tools-focused posts. I read a lot of your olders posts, and it was pure joy to watch and read about tools and their applications for the hobby. Keep up the nice work ;D

    I've added you to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Porky -

    I don't have any particular fondness for that plastic-handled X-acto knife - it just keeps turning up, no matter how many times I move. I've lost countless aluminum-handled knives over the years, but I clearly remember having that blue plastic one back to my junior high days.

    Nesbet - Thanks for the compliments! I actually just picked up some new tools yesterday, I'll have write-ups posted on them soon!

    ReplyDelete