Monday, March 21, 2011

New Board Games!

I got some unfortunate news last week: my FLGS is closing (more on that in an upcoming post).  One of the first things the owner did was to put the store's board game library on sale at a steep discount - as I am a huge board game fan, I picked up a few titles:


...the first is Robber Knights from Queen Games.  This looks like a fairly basic hybrid "card-and-token" -type game.  I've come to appreciate games in this format since the wife & I attended GenCon last year - the games are usually good for two players, are a bit cheaper than full-blown board games, and don't take up a lot of space.

I also picked up a copy of World of Warcraft: The Adventure Game:


I have to say there are two main reasons I picked up this game: In my opinion, it's practically impossible to go wrong with a Fantasy Flight board game - everything about them is just so well done.  Also, Fantasy Flight recently announced that they did not renew their license with Blizzard, so this game will be out of print soon.  While I was only a casual Warcraft player at best, I have some friends who are WoW fanatics, and the wife is generally a fan of anything with a "fantasy" flavor, so hopefully I'll get some use out of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment